- Which laboratory is AllCare contracted with?
- Why should I choose AllCare?
- How do I enroll with an AllCare health plan?
- How do I choose AllCare for my Medical Group?
- How do I move from another medical group to AllCare?
- What should I do if I choose a new Primary Care Physician in AllCare?
- What is a Primary Care Physician?
- Will my child get his or her own primary care physician?
- Must all family members select the same Primary Care Physician?
- Should my teenager see a pediatrician?
- What if I need care when my physician’s office is closed?
- Which HMO health plans does AllCare offer?
- In an emergency which hospital do I go to?
- Who makes the decision to authorize medical services?
Which laboratory is AllCare contracted with?
Quest Diagnostics Laboratory
‘Did you know about appointment scheduling, a time-saver, for your Quest Diagnostics lab blood draws?’
Better health just around the corner
Healthy people have an active life. That’s why we are partnering with Quest Diagnostics to provide you convenient access to nearby lab testing, so you can get the most out of your health. Their extensive network of over 2,200 Patient Service Centers are convenient to work, home, and your doctor’s office or wherever life takes you. You can also schedule appointments 24×7, so you can get in, get out, and get back to your busy life.
Choose a lab that keeps up with you.
To find a nearby location and schedule an appointment, visit:
Or call 1.888.277.8772
Why should I choose AllCare?
- AllCare physicians have a reputation in the community of providing the highest quality comprehensive care to the patients they serve. To find out more about AllCare visit About Us.
- AllCare has an extensive network of primary care physicians and specialists. Check our Online Primary Care Physicians Directory.
- AllCare contracts with hospitals in Merced, San Joaquin and Stanislaus Counties and with some of the finest tertiary hospitals in Northern California for special services.
- AllCare contracts with some of the most respected HMOs in California. Check our Online Health Plan List.
How do I enroll with an AllCare health plan?
- AllCare has a variety of Commercial a Medicare Advantage plans for you to choose from. Check our Online Health Plan List.
How do I choose AllCare for my Medical Group?
Each member has the option of choosing a medical group. Issues to consider when choosing a medical group include:
- Does the medical group accept your health plan? AllCare contracts with the most respected health plans in California. Check our Online Health Plan List.
- Is your family’s physician or physicians’ part of the medical group? AllCare has an extensive network of primary care physicians and specialists. Check our Online Primary Physicians Directory.
How do I move from another medical group to AllCare?
Contact your health plan through the customer service phone number listed on the reverse of your HMO insurance card. Let them know that you wish to change to AllCare. The health plan will obtain your information, make the change, and notify AllCare.
What should I do if I choose a new Primary Care Physician in AllCare?
- Schedule a visit with your new primary care physician to establish yourself with the physician. With this initial visit the physician you select will have the necessary medical information to direct your care.
- Contact your former Primary Care Physician to transfer medical records to your new Primary Care Physician if applicable.
What is a Primary Care Physician?
Your health plan requires each member to select a Primary Care Physician. You can choose one from our Online Primary Care Physicians Directory or one will be assigned to you by the health plan. Your Primary Care Physician is responsible for coordinating, delivering and arranging all necessary medical care for you including specialist care and tests.
Primary Care Physicians can include:
- Family Practice/General Practitioners (Physicians who treat patients of all ages)
- Internists (Physicians who treat adults)
- Pediatricians (Physicians who treat children)
- Gynecologist (Physicians who treat women)
Will my child get his or her own primary care physician?
Yes. AllCare encourages you to choose a pediatrician who will develop a close relationship with your child and their health care needs.
Must all family members select the same Primary Care Physician?
No, each family member can select his/her own Primary Care Physician, or the same Primary Care Physician.
Should my teenager see a pediatrician?
Pediatricians specialize in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of children from birth to adolescence. Most pediatricians treat children up to the age of 18.
What if I need care when my physician’s office is closed?
For any unforeseen injury or illness for which a delay in treatment would result in a permanent physical impairment or loss of life, call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room. Otherwise, call your physician for advice and direction. If your physician is not on duty, an on-call physician is available to help. Illnesses that cannot wait until the next business day, but do not require the full services of a hospital or emergency room, are best treated at an Urgent Care. Check our Urgent Care Directory.
Which HMO health plans does AllCare offer?
Please use our convenient Online Health Plan List, to view our contracted health plans.
In an emergency which hospital do I go to?
For any life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital. Emergencies do not require prior medical review. Please inform your Primary Care Physician and health plan within 48 hours of your visit.
Who makes the decision to authorize medical services?
When your physician requests services, the request is reviewed by licensed AllCare personnel including physicians, who are trained in the principles of utilization management. The decisions are based on the most recent clinical studies and evidence-based treatment protocols. Written criteria is available to the requesting physician, our members, and the public by calling or writing AllCare.